Connect with me on LinkedIn!
Nutrition Communications Specialist
- Polished writer for mainstream and industry publications, producer of evidence-based communications materials for audiences from health care professionals to consumers, creator of continuing education materials, presenter for webinars, spokesperson for print, television, and social media.
- Respected leader of cross-departmental teams bringing together category management, regulatory, legal, technology, creative, marketing, and merchandising stakeholders for on-time launches of strategic, innovative nutrition programs.
- Recognized leader in the dietetics community as demonstrated by elected and volunteer leadership roles for regional and national dietetics groups.
Skills and Qualifications
- Registered Dietitian with Advanced Degree in Nutrition
- Media Spokesperson with Experience as Tradeshow Brand Ambassador
- Leadership Roles in Dietetics Field
- Strong Attention to Detail with Excellent Written and Oral Communications
- Communicating Science to Consumers through Media and Education
- Health Care Professional Communications through Seminars, Webinars, Articles, Continuing Education
- Project Management
Fresh Direct, New York, NY – Leading profitable online grocery retailer in the United States
Corporate Nutritionist, 09/2009 to Present
Pitch, develop, drive, manage, and evaluate programs related to health promotion, regulatory compliance, and sustainable food systems. Act as internal and external voice of the company related to health and wellness, including regular nutrition column, Eat Right Here, on company blog.
- Re-Launched an Improved and Expanded Gluten-Free Store (2011 – 2012)
- Developed, Launched, and Currently Drive Healthy Living for Less Promotional Program (2009 – 2012)
- Developed, Launched, and Currently Drive Sustainable Seafood Program (2010 – 2012)
- Advised Kitchen Innovation Team for Product Launches (2009 – 2012)
- Drove Sign-On and Compliance to the National Salt Reduction Initiative (2010 – 2012)
- Managed Country of Origin Labeling Process Improvement Project (2010 – 2011)
Maggie Moon, MS, RD, Brooklyn, NY – Freelance nutrition and health communications
Writer, Presenter, and Media Resource, 01/2006 to Present
Write articles for consumer, trade, and healthcare professional publications. Provide nutrition expertise to regional and national media outlets.
- Nutrition Expert for Traditional Media
- Nutrition Writer and Presenter
Pollock Communications, New York, NY – Public relations agency focused on health and wellness
Associate Director of Nutrition, 07/2007 to 09/2009
Developed, managed, and evaluated nutrition communications programs. Created content for health-focused public relations programs targeted to a range of audiences including cardiologists, nurses, dietitians, and consumers.
- Managed relationships with network of media RDs and dietetic practice groups on behalf of clients.
- Represented clients at tradeshows and influencer events.
- Researched and wrote science-based communications materials including press releases, fact sheets, newsletters, patient handouts, and articles.
- Created content for radio media tour and related syndicated print feature titled Rice Helps Fortify the Diet with Folic Acid (01/2009), reaching 34.3 million consumers via radio, and 10.2 million via print.
LEADERSHIP IN DIETETICS
Greater New York Dietetic Association – Regional dietetic association
- Editor-in-Chief for association newsletter, 06/2011 to 05/2012
- Elected to Nominating Committee, 06/2012 to 05/2013
Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition – National dietetic practice group
- Website Redesign Task Force, 06/2009 to 05/2010
- Director of Public Relations, 06/2008 to 05/2009
- Software: Genesis SQL for R&D, Business Objects, SAP, ERPsy, JIRA, SharePoint, Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Web: Content Management Systems, CSS, HTML, Social Media
- Research Databases: PubMed, ScienceDirect, LexisNexis, Medline, Proquest
Columbia University, New York, NY
Dietetic Internship, 07/2007
- Clinical: New York Presbyterian Hospital of Columbia and Cornell
- Community: Columbia University Head Start; United Way of NYC; Healthy Schools, Healthy Families
Columbia University, New York, NY
Master of Science, 05/2007
- Thesis: Nutrition and Education
- Emphasis: Public Health
University of California, Berkeley, CA
Bachelor of Arts, 12/2000
- Major: English Literature